It first aired on January 1, 2018.
The Fanboy Factor
When a giant monster attacks the Unikingdom, the gang fights back with Dr. Fox’s awesome new secret weapon: a massive mega robot!
When a giant monster attacks the Unikingdom, the gang fights back with Dr. Fox's awesome new secret weapon: a massive mega robot! But after the threat is contained, Unikitty doesn't want to stop using the awesome robot, so she finds excuses for them to use it for everything, no matter how pointless. But what if the greatest threat to the kingdom turns out to be them? 
During a sunny day in the Unikingdom, an umbrella seller bemoans how unlucky he is at selling his merchandise. When it seems like it is starting to rain, he is glad that his luck is changing around, only to realize the rain is actually slime from a jelly monster, which sucks him up by stepping on him. As the siren alerts the citizens about the monster, while they all panic, with many getting sucked up by the monster, Unikitty notices the danger from the castle. Suddenly, Hawkodile bursts in, covered in slime, not able to fight the monster. Much to the confusion of the others, this delights Dr. Fox, who uses the opportunity to show off the Shining Mecha Kitty Turbo V, a robotic mech that resembles Unikitty. While the others gawk in awe of the robot, Richard asks who payed for it. As Dr. Fox explains the strengths of the robot, Unikitty is more focused on if the robot needs five pilots, which it does, much to her delight.
Beaming into the robot, the five are suited up, as they pick the body parts they'll control: Dr. Fox is the left arm, Hawkodile is the right arm, Puppycorn is the legs, and Unikitty is the head. This saddles Richard with the appendix, much to his annoyance. It takes a while for the team to get in sync with each other, causing the robot to stumble aimlessly around. Eventually, they find the right way, sending out a leap that lands them on the monster. Angered, the monster throws parts of his body at the robot, which Dr. Fox blasts with a light cannon. When the monster tried to punch back, Hawkodile threw up a shield from his side's arm, blocking it. Puppycorn used a kick attack, sending one of the feet of the robot all the way around the world to kick it from the opposite side. Once angered by this, Puppycorn kicked the monster in the air, where Unikitty summoned a light sword, cutting the monster in half. This split the monster into two smaller monsters, who quickly embrace, as the monster was just lonely.
As Unikitty expresses her love for the robot, Richard mentions they need to bring it back into storage. The others protest, praising the robot for what it is, and commenting that they need it for "reasons". Unikitty demonstrates by noticing Really Old Edith walking across the street. As the robot picks up the citizen, while she praises the thoughtfulness of them, the robot ends up throwing her across the street, embedding her into a building, much to her shock.
While Richard protests about the non-combat usage of the robot, the others are distracted by another citizen, who is struggling to get out of a parallel parking space. Despite the fact she insists that she is fine, the others launch a pair of missiles at the cars near her, blowing them up, as the citizen nervously drives away. As Richard continues to object, Unikitty is more focused on a "cry for help", which turns out to be a child's pet lizard, Sebastian, refusing to get down from a tree. Hawkodile and Puppycorn combine their parts' abilities to send out a laser beam that ravages the forest, earning the anger of both Sebastian and his owner.
As Richard continues to protest, Unikitty insists that they they need the robot "for reasons". They then proceed to spend the time using the mech to swim, uprooting trees and playing them like maracas, punching into the castle to get their food, and sleeping in the middle of the town. This ends up going on for months on end.
After the robot forcibly takes ice cream from a vendor, Richard continues to complain about the state of the mech, which has now grown unhygienic. Hawkodile's arms have atrophied from a lack of exercise, Dr. Fox has programmed herself with the computer of the robot, and Puppycorn has been awake for thirty-six days straight. As Richard complains yet again, Unikitty demands that they stay in it forever, then ends up breaking the lockdown button, jamming the doors.
As Unikitty creates a dance party with the robot that starts to ravage the town, sending out another monster alert by the sirens. While Unikitty declares that she will protect the citizens, she is confused by the fact that there is no monster in the town, as they are the only ones there, and all the citizens are running away from them. It takes the explanation of Craig, who had been trapped on the robot ever since the beginning of its adventure, that the robot is the monster now. While Unikitty tries to apologize, only creating more damage, Richard tries to get her to unlock the robot, where she realizes that the lock is broken.
Because of this, Unikitty realizes they will have to fight themselves to destroy the robot. Unfortunately, none of their attacks do a single thing, so they resort to the Mega Robot Giggle Missile, which they fly into. Despite the large explosion, this does nothing to the robot. It is then that Richard notices his console only contains one button: the self-destruct mechanism. Despite his annoyance, Unikitty forces him to push it, which destroys the robot in an eruption of fireworks, but launches the others out to safety. While upset that the robot is destroyed, they then decide to go out for ice cream, forgetting the situation.
Later, Richard directs his attention to the audience, as he and Dr. Fox give a public service announcement about the appendix.
For a full transcript of "Kaiju Kitty", click here.
- Beau (debut)
- Hominid (debut)
- Buzz (debut)
- Alert Siren (debut)
- Glandrea (debut)
- Kickflip (debut)
- Dino Dude
- Stellacopter (debut)
- M'Ladybug (debut)
- Crazy Chicken (debut)
- Bim-Bom (debut)
- Really Old Edith (debut)
- Dainty (debut)
- Rascal (debut)
- Sebastian (debut)
- Brennan Gerry (debut)
- Batty (debut)
- Ted Butter (debut)
- Stocko (debut)
- KateKite (debut)
- This episode aired on January 1, 2018 on Cartoon Network in the United States, and received a total of 633,000 viewers.
- This is the first episode where Unikitty's rage form is not seen throughout entirely.
- Mad Max: Fury Road- Puppycorn states the robot as "shiny and chrome", a reference to a quote from the movie Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Voltron- Shining MechaKitty Turbo V's piloting system, with various body parts piloted by a separate person, is a reference to the Voltron animated series. The color schemes of each characters' suits in the Unikitty! episode also match the colors of the lions driven by the Paladins in Voltron.
- Tetsujin 28-go- The pose that Shining Mecha Kitty Turbo V flaunts after it is revealed, with a punch into the air, references the statue in Kobe, Japan of Tetsujin 28-go, one of the first anime robot franchises.
- Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers- Dr. Fox's use of a flute to summon Shining Mecha Kitty Turbo V is a reference to Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger and its American counterpart, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series, where the Green Ranger was able to summon the DragonZord by playing his Dragon Dagger as a flute (though when played it sounds more like a trumpet).
- Star Trek: The Original Series- Unikitty's call to Dr. Fox to "beam them up" is a reference to the misquoted line of "Beam us up, Scotty" from the original Star Trek television series.
- Dengeki Sentai Changeman - The gang's poses and graphic effects upon entering MechaKitty Turbo V emulate the poses and graphic aesthetic of the Changemen from Dengeki Sentai Changeman, a 1985 Super Sentai series.
- Chōjin Sentai Jetman- The five-color vertical split with the five pilots' heads poking out from the side is a reference to Chōjin Sentai Jetman, a 1991 Super Sentai series.
- Chappelle's Show- According to Careen Ingle, who storyboarded this episode, one of MechaKitty Turbo V's punch attacks is a reference to a skit from the Comedy Central sketch show Chappelle's Show.
- Choushinsei Flashman - The "Shining MechaKitty Turbo V" lyric "What is danger? I forgot!" references a similar lyric in the opening theme song of Choushinsei Flashman, a 1986 Super Sentai series.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation- Dr. Fox's cyborg enhancements and personality is a reference to the Borg empire. Like Borg, half of her face is covered with a robot face plate and her robot personality is similar to the Borg's hive mind.
- The Iron Giant- Shining Mecha Kitty Turbo V's attempt at sacrificing itself, by punching at a missile while closing its eyes, is a reference to the film The Iron Giant, where the titular character sacrificed himself by destroying a meteor in the same fashion. Warner Bros., the creator of the Unikitty! series, is also the creator of The Iron Giant.
- The More You Know- The tone of Richard and Dr. Fox's appendix public service announcement, along with the rainbow-tailed Unikitty face, are a reference to the The More You Know PSA collection.
- In “Sparkle Matter Matters”, Dr. Fox says that no would turn into a giant robot through her experiments. However, this episode completely ignores that, as the Shining Mecha Kitty Turbo V is an experiment she had been working on for a while, for that exact purpose. She even becomes one with the robot later on, taking on cybernetic enhancements.
- Unikitty: That giant jelly creature is gooshing all over the kingdom! People live there!
- Unikitty: She’s exactly like me…but metal!
- Hawkodile: Look at the hydraulics on that thing!
- Puppycorn: So shiny and chrome!
- Richard: Who paid for this?
- Richard: Wait, what am I?
- Dr. Fox: You’re the appendix! It’s a part that just sits there, and occasionally explodes.
- Richard: ...Why?
- Richard: But the monster’s defeated. What could you possibly still need this thing for?
- Unikitty: We need it for reasons!
- Dainty: Oh, jeez. Well, at least I can just drive over this. I’ll just…this will be fine.
- Puppycorn: Good work, us!
- Hawkodile: Yeah!
- Unikitty: Hey, guys, want anything else?
- Richard: I want this to end.
- Unikitty: That’s not an ice cream, Rick! You goobus!
- Unikitty: What?! No way! We’re not leaving! Not now, not ever! Giant robot fun times forever!
- Richard: Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me.
- Unikitty: Do it, Richard!
- Theodore: They did it!
- Beau: They stopped the giant robot from…itself?
- Craig: By itself?
- Really Old Edith: Yay?
- Richard:Oh, hi. You know, we had a lot of fun today and we also learned a lot about appendixes.
- Dr. Fox: A ruptured appendix is no laughing matter.
- Richard: If you ever feel extreme abdominal pain, you should talk to a doctor immediately.
- Dr. Fox: A doctor like me! Who can then refer you to a different, more suitable doctor, as I am not licensed to practice medicine.
- Richard: Remember...
- Richard and Dr. Fox: If your appendix is in trouble, see a doctor on the double!
|Note that image gallery is still under construction.|
|The image gallery for Kaiju Kitty may be viewed here.|
- ↑ http://fanboyfactor.com/2017/12/cartoon-network-to-debut-unikitty-everywhere-fans-watch-on-monday-jan-1/
- ↑ http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/unikitty/kaiju-kitty-episode.html
- ↑ https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/cn-ratings-thread-part-15.5340901/page-126#post-85921061
- ↑ http://careeningle.tumblr.com/post/174120832835/this-mechakitty-turbo-v-punch-was-inspired-by-one